The WaterFront Center
About The WFC
Adult Sailing Programs
Youth Sailing Programs
School Programs & Field Trips
About The Christeen Oyster Sloop
Kayaks & Sailboats - Rentals/Charters
Corporate Events

Monday, January 31, 2011

Junior Summer

Registration for our Junior Summer Programs has officially begun and we are excited about all of our offerings. However, instead of telling you what we think about them, we thought it would be a good idea to let the kids do the talking. Below are a few of the stories or poems from children who spent some time in our programs last summer.


'The WaterFront Center was so much fun. My favorite part was putting on the wading boots and bringing the seine net in the water. It felt like I was a fisherman. Then we were looking for certain kinds of shells. It felt like I was an explorer. Then we went on the Christeen sailboat. We raised the sails. We were like a pirate's crew.'
- Vance Robinson

'Oyster Bay is wet and sand. We saw a whole bunch of sea stars and we went on a sail on a boat called the Christeen. On the boat we saw plankton and Emmanual got jelly fish on his pants!'
- Stefon Baxter

Sailing at the WFC
'When I'm sailing at the WFC
I feel free
Like there is no where else I'd rather be
I breathe in the ocean air
As my Opti picks up speed
My hair blows with the flow of the wind
The water goes through
My fingers as they are forced through the water
Sometimes it's hard when you're stick in irons
But if you just concentrate and think...
I realize that this is where 
I need to be right
Now
That this is one of the things
That makes me
Happy
And that there's no other way
I'd rather spend my 
Summer
Than sailing at the WFC'
-Elizabeth Sorge

Sniggling
'Sniggling, Sniggling all the eels are wiggling; Although fresh water is where they roam, salt water can also be their home! Flipping over rocks, weather my crocs, I go looking for eels. eels be slimy, eels be bad, eels slip right out of my hand! What is sniggling do you ask? Well, it is a very hard task. With eels so slimy and sticky it becomes very tricky! Although it is very hard, I like it a lot and the tunnel is the perfect spot!'
-Chris Janusos


Come join us for Summer Fun in 2011!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

WFC Photo Gallery & Store
Save the Christeen
WaterFront Center Gift Certificates
Donate
|
Employment
|
Photos
|
Weather & Tide Info
|
Hours & Directions
|
My Account
|
Contact Us
The WaterFront Center - 1 West End Ave., Oyster Bay, NY 11771 - (516) 922-SAIL - Lat: 40° 52.55' N / Long: 73° 32.22' W
Copyright ©2010 - The Center for Marine Education and Recreation at Oyster Bay, all rights reserved.
The WaterFront Center is a not-for-profit 501©(3) organization.

Big Huge Productions made this website!